Wednesday, January 8, 2014

In the beginning..

Welcome to Day 1 of the roadtrip. The genesis of this started last fall when a group I belong to in Second Life posted a list of vintage/adventure sims.  I made a few visits and found out several things very quickly...some of the landmarks were out of date, some of them were no longer valid, some were no longer themed the same, and some required the visitor to jump a few hoops to get in.

After discussing my trials and tribulations with the list a friend gave me an idea that I have just now seized upon and brought to light. Since I have been living a digital Steampunk existence for several years now I felt it was very fitting to produce my own travelogue to assist any and all interested parties. Without dropping the names of their real-life counterparts, I plan on making a travel guide for "the list" that I have, with pertinent information to assist the traveler in getting there, fitting in, and making sure that the local customs are observed.  (In other words, do you need to shop for period-correct clothes, do you need a visitor tag, do you need to change avatars, etc). I will also be sneaking out of Linden Land and exploring a few spots in Inworldz and OSgrid.

I have also assembled (or press-ganged, dragooned, conscripted, bribed, cajoled, and threatened) a crack team of explorers to assist me in this endeavor so as to get the best possible perspectives. There are a lot of spots just waiting to be seen, so let's get on the road!


No comments:

Post a Comment